CAMCooLER 7 – a GoPro Cooler for HERO Black 5 & 7
The CAMCooLER 7 is designed to be used as a GoPro Cooler for the HERO 7 Black and Hero 5 Black.
The cooling fans will help keep your GoPro camera from overheating when recording sporting events!
Buy this fan if you have a GoPro HERO 7 Black or Hero 5 Black. (we have not tested with a Hero 5 Black camera, but it is the same size as the 7 Black, so it should work). The Hero 6 is a different size and won’t fit.
Variable speed fan with included USB controller. Or directly plug the fan in for 5000 Rpm speed if variable speed is unnecessary.
The updated Secure/Combo mount will provide a more secure mounting method. However, the camera fits snugly into the housing and could be secured with a large rubber band if desired to prevent the thumbscrews from interfering with a chainlink fence for sporting events.
Note: If the camera fits too tight in the case for you’re liking, the internal surfaces of the cooler can be lightly sanded with 100 to 120 grit sandpaper to enlarge the opening just a bit.
- Backorderable items normally ship within a few days of placing the order. These items haven't been updated on the store inventory or are ready for quick assembly and shipping.
- Anker Power Banks digitally negotiate power with the device and will NOT work with our cooling fans as they have no “smart” capacity. See our recommendations here.
- What is IP65? Read more here.
Works with GoPro Hero 7 Black or Hero 5 Black. No external camera case is needed.
- Will NOT fit any other model of GoPro or a camera with an external case!
- The Cooler is the case for the Hero 7 Black or Hero 5 Black. The camera fits snugly into the case and a front cover slides into place for extra security.
- Can be used with the normal GoPro buckle with the included fingers. (2 sets provided)
- The included fingers attachment can be removed and the cooler can be held in place with a magic arm or any 1/4-20 thread bolt camera mount.
*Attention: It is the buyer’s responsibility to be sure the cooler fan selected will work on your GoPro.
CAMCooLERLLC is not responsible for mistaken order sizes.
(This product is manufactured and distributed by CAMCooLER LLC and in no way whatsoever is this product associated with or endorsed by GoPro.)
Expect similar results as the Hero10 Black recorded for 7+ hrs at 5.3K and 60 fps with our GoPro Cooler Fans versus 25 minutes without.
Read the complete article on our Blog.
This is the solution you have been looking for!
No more wet towels or those shade devices that don’t work.
Years of extensive testing in Phoenix’s hot scorching temperatures.
Setup Video: https://youtu.be/6eIusg7Eh4M?t=533
- Made with ASA UV filament that has all the properties of ABS with the additional features of being weather resistant. Our ASA is UV resistant and resistant to environmental stress cracking. ASA is commonly used for outdoor applications such as RC planes or car accessories.
- ASA can resist temperatures up to 100˚C (212°F) and display high toughness and impact resistance for functional applications such as ABS.
- Patent Pending. All Right Reserved!
- Fully compatible with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter from GoPro. We recommend using an external microphone so the fan noise doesn’t overwhelm the sounds of the game is recorded. GoPro 9 and 10 handle the fan noise much better than GoPro 8, but we still use an external microphone. A non-powered mic works fine and can be purchased for $20 to $40.
- NOT compatible with GoPro’s Camera Media Mod.
- The CAMCooLER 8 Fan System is compatible with our Universal Fence Mount and many other fence mounting options.
- Fan grill covers may differ slightly from the pictured item and are either plastic or metal.
- The past version’s fans are NOT waterproof. Please protect fans when the ground crew applies water to the infield and don’t use it in any type of precipitation.
- New IP65-rated fans are waterproof against jets of water, but they are not rated for direct submersion in water
- Please be aware that the cooling fan assembly may cause cosmetic marking, marring, and or light scratching to your GoPro case with repeated use. This is cosmetic and doesn’t impact the function of the camera. However, do not use our product if this is a concern to you.
- The cooling fans will suck in dust and coat the camera with a fine layer of dust especially when players slide into Homeplate. We have not experienced any problems with our GoPro cameras in this environment, but it is recommended to use an aftermarket camera battery door that has a passthrough for the power cable. This helps prevent dust migration into the GoPro camera.
- Please note that if you are not using the j-hook buckle we provide, your buckle’s thumb screw will need to be on the side of the battery to prevent interference with the cooler’s frame, or you will need a short thumb screw.
- Cooler may or may not have a logo.
- DO NOT use a stepless speed controller module with our fixed RPM cooling fans. This controller is only compatible with the variable speed fans introduced on 11/3/2023. These devices control the fan’s speed by varying output voltage, but they have a step booster on the board that will cause an output of 8 volts, thus exceeding the rated capacity of the fixed RPM fans sold by CAMCOOLERLLC. All fans are tested before being shipped, and no refund will be given on returns if fans do not operate because of overvoltage by the buyer.
- NOT FAA/DOT approved. Use at your own risk.
What’s included: Assembled cooler with fan and 2 flinger attachments.
The plastics of our products should be well above the melting point of the cabin temperatures of a vehicle in the summer, yet we recommend not storing this device in a vehicle for extended periods.
CAMCooLERs and Smartphone Coolers will help to reduce the operating temperatures of your devices and keep them recording. However, due to various atmospheric conditions, we cannot guarantee that your device will not overheat and shut off. CAMCOOLERLLC will not be held responsible for lost recorded video footage due to an overheated device.
CAMCooLERs and Smartphone Coolers use 5 volt DC power unless specifically stated otherwise. 5 volt DC is the common power used to charge your smartphones, power GoPro cameras, and other USB devices. DO NOT use any other voltage as the fans will burn out.
Due to the dusty environment, cooler fans will operate in, we can not offer any warranty for any length of time on these fans. However, they are relatively inexpensive and can be easily changed in case of failure. I’ve been using the same fans for about 1 1/2 years without any problems.
Cooler fans blades are sharp but operated at relatively slow speeds. DO NOT stick your fingers or anything else in the fan blades at any time. Install the cooler over your device first and secure it using the method described in the instructions before applying power. Ensure your fingers and electrical cords are clear of the blades before applying power.