CAMCooLER 9Ten11&12 – a GoPro Cooler for HERO9, HERO10, HERO11, HERO12
$44.95 – $46.95
The CAMCooLER 9Ten11&12 is designed as an active cooling fan solution for the GoPro HERO9 Black, HERO10 Black, HERO 11 Black, and HERO12 Black camera overheating issues when used in a static environment. This cooling fan will help keep your GoPro camera from overheating when recording sporting events, vlogging, creating YouTube content, as a dash cam, or in a small airplane!
- Anker Power Banks digitally negotiate power with the device and will NOT work with our cooling fans as they have no “smart” capacity. See our recommendations here.
- What is IP65? Read more here.
- 11/3/2023 Update: Introducing our latest innovation: an adjustable rpm fan designed to cater to your specific cooling needs. Whether you find yourself in a cozy studio environment or basking under the scorching sun at your next event, this fan has got you covered. With the ability to lower the fan speed, we have successfully minimized the noise output, ensuring a tranquil atmosphere for your studio endeavors while still helping to prevent your GoPro from overheating.
Equipped with an included user-friendly controller, our variable fan offers a wide range of rpm options, ranging from a gentle 2200 rpm to an impressive 6500 rpm. While it is highly improbable that you will ever require speeds exceeding 5000 RPMs, we believe in providing you with the flexibility to adjust the output according to your preferences without compromising the electrical integrity of the fan. Embrace the power of choice and experience the perfect balance between cooling efficiency and noise reduction with our variable rpm fan. If the variable controller is unnecessary for every event, set it aside and connect the fan directly to the USB plug for a constant 5000 rpm fan.
- Eight hours of record time with a GoPro 10 and 12 recording video at 5.3k using the 2200 rpm fan with no overheats. Check out the video links below.
- GoPro 12 at 5.3k |60 fps. 2200 rpm fan, indoors 78f. Using a Bluetooth SabineTek SmartMike+, ambient noise from the fan is relatively low at 37 dBA.
- GoPro 10 at 5.3k | 60pfs. 2200 rpm fan, indoors at 78f. Using the internal mic remains a bit loud, but the ambient noise from the fan is relatively low at 37 dBA.
- All fans are Dual Ball Bearing, IP65-rated.
- Fan speed options.
- Variable RPM fan. (this fan, using the included USB controller, has selectable variable power to adjust the RPM and airflow output.) Or directly plug the fan in for 5000 Rpm speed if variable speed is unnecessary.
- Fixed 5000 RPM fan. This is the model fan we have been using for the last two years. Plug it into USB power, and it runs at a constant 5000 RPM.
- Fan speed options.
- All fans are the Secure/Combo mount with three mounting options to meet your needs best and are compatible with GoPro’s battery pass-through door.
- Bungee Cord.
- Three Individual turnbuckles. The top one alone is probably secure enough to hold the cooler fan securely around the GoPro and provides quick removal of the cooler from the camera.
- Three-way crossbar. This is the most secure option but the slowest removal of the cooler from the camera.
- You might never need to take the cooler off the camera with the safety bump-outs around the mode selectors. There is minimal risk of an accidental button push when the camera is in the camera bag with these safety bump-outs.
- This design fits precisely over your GoPro 9, 10, 11, or 12 while providing the cooling solution needed to operate these cameras in a static environment.
- The newly released GoPro 12 supports a Bluetooth microphone paired directly to the camera. Our cooling fan has always been too loud for GoPro’s internal microphones. So, if you’re considering a $40 non-powered microphone, we encourage you to explore the world of Bluetooth microphones and see the fantastic possibilities they offer. For just a little more, you can unlock a whole new level of convenience and freedom. For Vloggers and content creators, this is an exceptional choice that adds a touch of professionalism to their videos. Alternatively, imagine the “Mic’d Up” experience of feeling like a major league team with a microphone attached to your coach, capturing every exciting moment.
- Check out Danny Black’s review of the SabineTek SmartMike+ at https://youtu.be/tz17jjTf8tE?si=Y3aRwdMZKaJpGyGm&t=196. Danny has many tech-related reviews on his YouTube channel, and we highly recommend him.
- We’ve recently had the opportunity to test out two products from SabaineTek, and we wanted to share our thoughts with you all. First up, let’s talk about the SmartMike+. This little gem truly impressed us! The sound quality is good, delivering crystal-clear audio. Now, onto the second product, the AudioWow mic. Unfortunately, we have to be honest here and say that it didn’t quite meet our expectations. We experienced a weird echoing sound that just couldn’t be adjusted, and it didn’t quite deliver the audio quality we were hoping for. So, we recommend holding off on purchasing the AudioWow mic for now. But hey, don’t let that dampen your spirits! We’re confident that there will be plenty of other amazing microphones hitting the market soon. In the meantime, we highly recommend giving the SmartMike+ a try.
- Ip65 rating: Full protection against dust and other particulates and protection against low-pressure jets of directed water from any angle
- Compatible with GoPro’s Lens Mod 2.0
- All versions ship with a 20-inch USB cable for extra reach. 3 cold shoe mounts, a metal fan grill, and a more streamlined look. (Please note the several pictures on this page or the install instructions may show the previous production version.)
- Our cooling fans are NOT modified in any way by CAMCOOLERLLC. We don’t cut power cables and solder them together or anything like that. The fans are standard from the factory with the USB plug without modification. This probably isn’t too much of a concern for our sports parents, but it can greatly concern our Aviation and other Transportation clients.
What’s included: An assembled cooler with a 20″ USB A plug, three black anodized aluminum thumb screws, three securing turnbuckles, one 3-way securing crossbar, and a small bungee cord with hooks to the attached cooler to the fence. The variable fan comes with a USB controller.
Need a longer power cable? Click here for an add-on 5-foot USB extension cable for $2.95.
The CAMCooLER 9Ten11 cooling fan kept the GoPro 10 recording for over 4 hours at an average temperature of 119° F at 1080P | 60 | W, without the internal GoPro battery installed.
- See the GoPro footage here: https://gopro.com/v/zPgN1D6Z1mJQXScroll to 2:32:01 to see an infrared thermometer check. WiFi temp sensor timeline shown in product pictures.
Works with GoPro 9, 10, 11, and 12. It will NOT fit any other model of GoPro or a camera with an external case! Click here if you need a cooler for the Media Mod.
We recommend a pass-through door, as long-term exposure to dust in the camera is not the best practice.
GoPro’s pass-through door works on all new cooler fan models sold after September 6, 2023. The previous Sports version will only work with a little door modification. Amazon has several third-party doors, but we like the rubber gasket on GoPro’s pass-through door.
*Attention: The buyer is responsible for ensuring the cooler fan selected will work on your GoPro.
CAMCooLERLLC is not responsible for mistaken order sizes. If you’re looking for the HERO11 Black Mini cooler, Click here.
- For the GoPro 9 and later, we recommend using a USB C to USB C cable and a Portable Charger Battery Bank with a USB C (PD Out) port.USB-C supports the USB Power Delivery (USB PD) specification. The older USB ports can deliver just 2.5 to 15 watts of power, and your GoPro might not operate with that, depending on the firmware version installed. But USB PD can deliver up to 100 watts, more than six times what older USB ports can do.
- However, when using the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter, the GoPro 9, 10, and 11 will not operate when its internal battery has been removed. Hopefully, GoPro is working to get this changed.
- Made with ASA UV filament that has all the properties of ABS and is weather resistant. Our ASA is UV-resistant and resistant to environmental stress cracking. ASA is commonly used for outdoor applications such as RC planes or car accessories.
- ASA can resist temperatures up to 100˚C (212°F) and display high toughness and impact resistance for functional applications such as ABS.
- (This product is manufactured and distributed by CAMCooLER LLC, and in no way whatsoever is this product associated with or endorsed by GoPro.)
- Patent Pending. All rights reserved!
- Fully compatible with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter from GoPro. We recommend using an external microphone so the fan noise doesn’t overwhelm the game’s sounds. GoPro 9 and 10 handle the fan noise much better than GoPro 8, but we still use an external microphone. A non-powered mic works fine and can be purchased for $20 to $40. The GoPro 12 can directly pair to a Bluetooth microphone.
- It will not work with GoPro’s Camera Media Mod. Media Mod doesn’t fit inside the cooler. See our mMod cooler for that application.
- The CAMCooLER 9Ten11&12 Fan System is compatible with our Universal Fence Mount and other fence mounting options.
- Fan grill covers may differ slightly from the pictured item and are either plastic or metal.
- The Bungee cord may differ slightly from the pictured item.
- The USB extension cable is either white or black.
- The past version’s fans are NOT waterproof. Please protect fans when the ground crew applies water to the infield, and don’t use it in any precipitation.
- New IP65-rated fans are waterproof against jets of water, but they are not rated for direct submersion in water
- Please be aware that the cooling fan assembly may cause cosmetic marking, marring, and or light scratching to your GoPro case with repeated use. This is cosmetic and doesn’t impact the function of the camera. However, do not use our product if this concerns you.
- The cooling fans will suck in dust and coat the camera with a fine layer of dust, especially when players slide into Homeplate. It is highly recommended to have a battery door that has a passthrough for the power cable. This helps prevent dust migration into the GoPro camera.
- Please note that if you are not using the j-hook buckle we provide with our Universal Fence Mount, your buckle’s thumb screw will need to be on the side of the battery to prevent interference with the cooler’s frame, or you will need a short thumb screw.
- Cooler may or may not have a logo.
- DO NOT use a stepless speed controller module with our fixed RPM cooling fans. This controller is only compatible with the variable speed fans introduced on 11/3/2023. These devices control the fan’s speed by varying output voltage, but they have a step booster on the board that will cause an output of 8 volt, thus exceeding the rated capacity of the fixed RPM fans sold by CAMCOOLERLLC. All fans are tested before being shipped, and no refund will be given on returns if fans do not operate because of overvoltage by the buyer.
- NOT FAA/DOT approved. Use at your own risk.
(GoPro Camera, Microphone and Mount, Pro 3.5mm Camera Mic Adapter, J-hook, and Thumb screw are NOT Included)
The plastics of our products should be well above the melting point of the cabin temperatures of a vehicle in the summer. Yet, we recommend not storing this device in a vehicle for extended periods.
CAMCooLERs and Smartphone Coolers will help reduce your devices’ operating temperatures and keep them recording. However, due to various atmospheric conditions and/or camera conditions, we cannot guarantee that your device will not overheat and shut off. CAMCOOLERLLC will not be held responsible for lost recorded video footage due to an overheated device.
CAMCooLERs and Smartphone Coolers use 5-volt DC power unless specifically stated otherwise. A 5-volt DC is commonly used to charge your smartphones, power GoPro cameras, and other USB devices. DO NOT use any other voltage as the fans will burn out.
Due to the dusty environment, cooler fans will operate in, we can not offer any warranty for any length of time on these fans. However, they are relatively inexpensive and can be easily changed in case of failure. I’ve been using the same fans for about 2 1/2 years without any problems.
Cooler fan blades are sharp but operated at relatively slow speeds. DO NOT stick your fingers or anything else in the fan blades at any time. Install the cooler over your device first and secure it using the method described in the instructions before applying power. Ensure your fingers and electrical cords are clear of the blades before applying power.