CAMCooLER Action 4 – a Cooler for DJI Osmo Action 4
$44.95 – $46.95
The CAMCooLER Action 4 is designed as an active cooling fan solution for the DJI Osmo Action 4 camera overheating issues when used in a static environment. This cooling fan will help keep your camera from overheating when recording sporting events, vlogging, creating YouTube content, and using it as a dash cam or in a small airplane!
- Anker Power Banks digitally negotiate power with the device and will NOT work with our cooling fans as they have no “smart” capacity. See our recommendations here.
- What is IP65? Read more here.
Without a cooler, the Action 4 recording at 4K overheated outside within 20 minutes on a 93-degree Fahrenheit day. The camera did not overheat with our cooler when recording at 4k on a 99-degree Fahrenheit day! Checkout the heat testing video here: https://youtu.be/D6EKrot9j84?si=jc1QohJFMqrqemvN
- All coolers are the Secure/Combo mount with two mounting options.
- Bungee Cord.
- Three Individual turnbuckles.
- 11/3/2023 Update: Introducing our latest innovation: an adjustable rpm fan designed to cater to your specific cooling needs. Whether you find yourself in a cozy studio environment or basking under the scorching sun at your next event, this fan has got you covered. With the ability to lower the fan speed, we have successfully minimized the noise output, ensuring a tranquil atmosphere for your studio endeavors while still helping to prevent your Action 4 camera from overheating.
Equipped with an included user-friendly controller, our variable fan offers a wide range of rpm options, ranging from a gentle 2200 rpm to an impressive 6500 rpm. While it is highly improbable that you will ever require speeds exceeding 5000 RPMs, we believe in providing you with the flexibility to adjust the output according to your preferences without compromising the electrical integrity of the fan. Embrace the power of choice and experience the perfect balance between cooling efficiency and noise reduction with our variable rpm fan. If the variable controller is unnecessary for every event, set it aside and connect it directly to the USB plug for a constant 5000 rpm fan.
- All fans are Dual Ball Bearing, IP65-rated.
- Fan speed options.
- Variable RPM fan. (using the included USB controller, this fan has selectable variable power to adjust the RPM and airflow output.)
- Or directly plug the fan in for 5000 Rpm speed if variable speed is unnecessary.
- Cooling fans have an upgraded secure mounting system.
- All versions ship with a 20-inch USB cable for extra reach. cold shoe mounts, and a metal fan grill.
- Our cooling fans are NOT modified in any way by CAMCOOLERLLC. We don’t cut power cables and solder them together or anything like that. The fans are standard from the factory with the USB plug without modification. This probably isn’t too much of a concern for our sports parents, but it can significantly concern our Aviation and other Transportation clients.
What’s included: An assembled cooler with a 20″ USB A plug, three black anodized aluminum thumb screws, three securing turnbuckles, and a small bungee cord with hooks to the attached cooler to the fence. The variable fan comes with a USB controller.
Need a longer power cable? Click here for an add-on 5-foot USB extension cable for $2.95.
The plastics of our products should be well above the melting point of the cabin temperatures of a vehicle in the summer. Yet, we recommend not storing this device in a vehicle for extended periods.
CAMCooLERs and Smartphone Coolers will help reduce your devices’ operating temperatures and keep them recording. However, due to various atmospheric conditions and/or camera conditions, we cannot guarantee that your device will not overheat and shut off. CAMCOOLERLLC will not be held responsible for lost recorded video footage due to an overheated device.
CAMCooLERs and Smartphone Coolers use 5-volt DC power unless specifically stated otherwise. A 5-volt DC is commonly used to charge smartphones and power GoPro/Action4 cameras and other USB devices.
Due to the dusty environment, cooler fans will operate in, we can not offer any warranty for any length of time on these fans. However, they are relatively inexpensive and can be easily changed in case of failure. I’ve been using the same fans for about 2 1/2 years without any problems.
Cooler fan blades are sharp but operated at relatively slow speeds. DO NOT stick your fingers or anything else in the fan blades at any time. Install the cooler over your device first and secure it using the method described in the instructions before applying power. Ensure your fingers and electrical cords are clear of the blades before applying power.
DO NOT use a stepless speed controller module with our fixed RPM cooling fans. This controller is only compatible with the variable speed fans introduced on 11/3/2023.
NOT FAA/DOT approved. Use at your own risk.