Mevo Start Cooler – New mevo camera cooler
Availability: 4 in stock
The Mevo Start Cooler will help prevent camera overheating issues while recording and streaming live sporting events on GameChanger Team Manager or another streaming service.
Devices supported: Mevo Start
Version 2.0 now shipping. Includes integrated cold shoe mount for a microphone (microphone mount pictured is not included). The front of the cooler has been rounded off to allow for closer placement to the chain-link fencing.
This is the solution you have been looking for!
No more wet towels or those shade devices that don’t work.
We applied our extensive testing knowledge in Phoenix’s hot scorching temperatures and lessons learned from the GoPro cooler and applied it to the Mevo camera.
Setup Video: https://youtu.be/6eIusg7Eh4M?t=637
Mevo Camera: Operating Temperature
April 08, 2019 11:00
“Best practices for operating your camera is keeping it in a well-ventilated area and avoiding direct sun and extended heat exposure. Placing the camera under a shaded area will improve the overall operating temperature.”
- Made with ASA UV filament that has all the properties of ABS with the additional features of being weather resistant. Our ASA is UV resistant and resistant to environmental stress cracking. ASA is commonly used for outdoor applications such as RC planes or car accessories.
- ASA can resist temperatures up to 100˚C (212°F) and display high toughness and impact resistance for functional applications such as ABS.
- We recommend using an external microphone so the fan noise doesn’t overwhelm the sounds of the game being recorded as the fans sit right over the camera microphone. Check with Logitech for what they recommend.
- Fan grill covers may differ slightly from the pictured item and are either plastic or metal.
- Bungee cord may differ slightly from the pictured item.
What’s included: Assembled cooler with 2 fans, USB Jack Y Splitter Hub Power Cord Extension Adapter Cable, and a small bungee cord with hooks.
The plastics of our products should be well above the melting point of the cabin temperatures of a vehicle in the summer, yet we recommend not storing this device in a vehicle for extended periods.
Camera Coolers will help to reduce the operating temperatures of your devices and keep them recording. However, due to various atmospheric conditions and the condition of your camera, we cannot guarantee that your device will not overheat and shut off. CAMCOOLERLLC will not be held responsible for lost recorded video footage due to an overheated device.
Our Camera Coolers use 5 volt DC power unless specifically stated otherwise. 5 volt DC is a common power used to charge your smartphones, power GoPro cameras, and other USB devices. DO NOT use any other voltage as the fans will burn out.
Due to the dusty environment, cooler fans will operate in, we can not offer any warranty for any length of time on these fans. However, they are relatively inexpensive and can be easily changed in case of failure. I’ve been using the same fans for about 1 1/2 years without any problems.
Cooler fans blades are sharp but operated at relatively slow speeds. DO NOT stick your fingers or anything else in the fan blades at any time. Install the cooler over your device first and secure it using the method described in the instructions before applying power. Ensure your fingers and electrical cords are clear of the blades before applying power.
Fans are NOT waterproof. Please protect fans when the ground crew applies water to the infield and don’t use in any type of precipitation.