Mevo Start Cooler – New Mevo Camera Cooler
$45.95 – $46.95
The Mevo Start Cooler will help prevent camera overheating issues while recording and streaming live sporting events on GameChanger Team Manager or another streaming service.
Devices supported: Mevo Start (this is the updated version of the cooler reviewed by Jason Hoffman. Check his YouTube channel for great tips and tricks with the Mevo Start Camera)
- Anker Power Banks digitally negotiate power with the device and will NOT work with our cooling fans as they have no “smart” capacity. See our recommendations here.
- What is IP65? Read more here.
- 11/3/2023 Update: Introducing our latest innovation: an adjustable rpm fan designed to cater to your specific cooling needs. Whether you find yourself in a cozy studio environment or basking under the scorching sun at your next event, this fan has got you covered. With the ability to lower the fan speed, we have successfully minimized the noise output, ensuring a tranquil atmosphere for your studio endeavors while still helping to prevent your Mevo Start from overheating.
Equipped with an included user-friendly controller, our variable fan offers a wide range of rpm options, ranging from a gentle 2200 rpm to an impressive 6500 rpm. While it is highly improbable that you will ever require speeds exceeding 5000 RPMs, we believe in providing you with the flexibility to adjust the output according to your preferences without compromising the electrical integrity of the fan. Embrace the power of choice and experience the perfect balance between cooling efficiency and noise reduction with our variable rpm fan. If the variable controller is unnecessary for every event, set it aside and connect the fan directly to the USB plug for a constant 5000 rpm fan.
- All fans are Dual Ball Bearing, IP65-rated.
- Fan speed options.
- Variable RPM fan. (this fan, using the included USB controller, has selectable variable power to adjust the RPM and airflow output.) Or directly plug the fan in for 5000 Rpm speed if variable speed is unnecessary.
- Fixed 5000 RPM fan. This is the model fan we have been using for the last two years. Plug it into USB power, and it runs at a constant 5000 RPM.
- Cooling fans have an upgraded secure mounting system.
- We’ve tested this cooling fan with a fully charged battery supplied power via USB and the Mevo Start camera streaming for 12 hours run time with an average chamber temperature of 128.5 degrees Fahrenheit and a max of 135.3 degrees Fahrenheit with no overheat.
- Without the cooling fan, the Mevo app displayed the overheat warning message at 113 degrees Fahrenheit chamber temperature and ran for about 2 hours before shutting down.
- The Mevo Start camera handles the heat better than GoPro, but it would be best to do anything possible to lower the internal temp. Think about long-term usage and internal battery swell with repeated high heat exposure. I’d want my camera to be as cool as possible with an active cooling solution to help remove this excess heat.
- How loud is the fan with an external microphone? Check out the video of a live-streamed softball game. https://youtu.be/vGPqZ8Pfk4c?si=i4RHoTKMItedryyH The mic is placed on the side of the cooler, and the fan hum is hardly noticeable. This fan noise could be eliminated with a Bluetooth microphone or by placing the bullet mic farther from the fan.
What’s Included: An assembled cooler with a 20″ USB A power cord, two aluminum thumb screws and securing bracket. The variable fan comes with a USB controller.
Need a longer power cable? Click here for an add-on 5-foot USB extension cable for $2.95.
This is the solution you have been looking for!
No more wet towels or those shade devices that only help a little.
We applied our extensive testing knowledge in Phoenix’s hot, scorching temperatures and lessons learned from the GoPro cooler to the Mevo camera.
Setup Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33dbIW4UiyA (This is the setup video for the old version. The new version requires the mounting bracket to be hand tightened by the included aluminum thumb screws.)
Mevo Camera: Operating Temperature
April 08, 2019 11:00
“Best practices for operating your camera are keeping it in a well-ventilated area and avoiding direct sun and extended heat exposure. Placing the camera under a shaded area will improve the overall operating temperature.”
- Made with ASA UV filament with all the properties of ABS with additional weather-resistant features. Our ASA is UV-resistant and resistant to environmental stress cracking. ASA is commonly used for outdoor applications such as RC planes or car accessories.
- ASA can resist temperatures up to 100˚C (212°F) and display high toughness and impact resistance for functional applications such as ABS.
- We recommend using an external microphone so the fan noise doesn’t overwhelm the recording sounds of the game, as the fans sit right over the camera microphone. Check with Logitech for what they recommend.
- Fan grill covers may differ slightly from the pictured item and are either plastic or metal.
- The Bungee cord may differ slightly from the pictured item. The Bungee cord is not included in the new secure mount model.
The plastics of our products should be well above the melting point of the cabin temperatures of a vehicle in the summer. Yet, we recommend not storing this device in a vehicle for extended periods.
Camera Coolers will help reduce your devices’ operating temperatures and keep them recording. However, due to various atmospheric conditions and the condition of your camera, we cannot guarantee that your device will not overheat and shut off. CAMCOOLERLLC will not be held responsible for lost recorded video footage due to an overheated device.
Our Camera Coolers use 5-volt DC power unless specifically stated otherwise. A 5-volt DC is commonly used to charge smartphones, power GoPro cameras, and other USB devices. DO NOT use any other voltage, as the fans will burn out.
Due to the dusty environment cooler fans will operate in, we can not offer any warranty for any length of time on these fans. However, they are relatively inexpensive and can be easily changed in case of failure. I’ve been using the same fans for about 1 1/2 years without problems.
Cooler fan blades are sharp but operated at relatively slow speeds. DO NOT stick your fingers or anything else in the fan blades at any time. Install the cooler over your device first and secure it using the method described in the instructions before applying power. Ensure your fingers and electrical cords are clear of the blades before applying power.
The past version’s fans are NOT waterproof. Please protect fans when the ground crew applies water to the infield, and don’t use it in any precipitation.
New IP65-rated fans are waterproof against jets of water, but they are NOT rated for direct submersion in water.
DO NOT use a stepless speed controller module with our fixed RPM cooling fans. This controller is only compatible with the variable speed fans introduced on 11/3/2023. These devices control the fan’s speed by varying output voltage, but they have a step booster on the board that will cause an output of 8 volts, thus exceeding the rated capacity of the fans sold by CAMCOOLERLLC. All fans are tested before being shipped, and no refund will be given on returns if fans do not operate because of overvoltage by the buyer.