Portable Charger Battery Bank
We recommend using a Portable Charger Battery Bank with at least 20000mAh capacity. This will run your camera and cooling fans almost all day as the fan(s) draw very little power. I’ve recorded five games once and still had power remaining. (your results may vary.) These can be purchased for $30 to $100, and I’ve had great success with the less expensive ones. I prefer a battery with the new USB C (PD In/Out) and at lease two USB A power outlets.
- USB-C port powers your GoPro, Mevo, or Smartphone
- USB-A port powers the cooling fan
For the GoPro 9 and later, we recommend using a USB C to USB C cable and a Portable Charger Battery Bank with a USB C (PD Out) port. USB-C supports the USB Power Delivery (USB PD) specification. The older USB ports can deliver just 2.5 to 15 watts of power, and your GoPro might not operate with that, depending on the firmware version installed. But USB PD can deliver up to 100 watts, more than six times what older USB ports can do.
Anker Power Banks negotiate power with the device digitally and will NOT work with our cooling fans as they have no “smart” capacity to do so.
- Portable-Charger-Power-Bank – 40000mAh Power Bank
- IXNINE Power Bank 26800mAh Portable Charger
- Crave PD Power Bank, Plus PRO Aluminum Portable Charger with 20000mAh (it’s the most expensive and highest quality one on my list.